Tuesday, March 13, 2012

BUILT BY WENDY SPRING 12

I've been a fan of Built By Wendy for about 10 years now. I not only love how simplistic yet modern her pieces are, but I admire her as an independent designer, who has been able to built quite a large following and a strong clothing brand. You should go over to her website and read her bio. It's been updated to be current, although I remember reading in her older bio about how she began by learning sewing and patterns from her grandmother. She then moved to New York in the early 90's and started making a few pieces along with guitar straps, which she sold in a rented spot in back of a record store. Pretty awesome beginning! Fast forward to today and she has two flagship stores in New York and still runs a very home grown independent fashion business. 


This season she brings her trade mark simplistic bodies in pretty pastels as well as bright colors and lots of black. Nice little details like deep-v necklines and strategically placed pockets. I'm crushing over the floral sweater and skirt. And if I would be able to pull off that chambray jumpsuit piece, that would be mine too!  









Source & Website: builtbywendy.com



Gisela

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love discovering new blogs and small businesses so please feel free to leave me your links. I read and appreciate all my comments so thanks again for leaving your thoughts!

Gisela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...