Wednesday, October 12, 2011

PLAIDS & KHAKI's


I've been on the look out for a cute khaki skirt and lucked out last week at an estate sale, finding this one which fit perfectly. I like that it is a high waisted full skirt with pockets, always a plus! Plaids I personally feel is sometimes hard to pull off and I wanted to style it differently from the usual jeans and shorts pairing. I felt a bit like a 30 year old school girl, but hey I'm fine with that look, it's a good one. The whole color palette I liked, it's definitely very fall.

I spent most of the afternoon yesterday over at Misha LuLu headquarters for a lunch date with my good friend Karen, along with her lovely mother and the rest of the Misha LuLu team. Her sweet mom is in town from Salvador and she cooked up a scrumptious Salvadorean feast with freshly made tortillas, guacamole, salad and re-fried beans topped off with queso fresco, hmmm! It brought back memories of my birth country of Honduras and the delicious home cooking I received there from my dear Aunt from my last visit back in 2003. One thing I discovered is that I can live off tortillas and beans if I had too!

I was also able to see Misha LuLu's latest samples for Spring 12 and of course as usual Karen never disappoints with her choice of fabrics and beautiful hand drawn graphics. I seriously fell in love with two dresses because of just that combination. You mama's get excited, it's amazing! It was nice visiting with her and feel blessed not only having her as a friend but also being able to have worked for Misha LuLu and be encouraged on my own new clothing line endeavors. She's been the first to get a sneak peek at my inspiration, fabrics and  a few bodies, and the feed back was great. I can't wait to develop it and eventually share!

plaid top: vintage 70s, warehouse vintage find
bottoms: vintage khaki 80s skirt, estate sale
shoes: very old nine west boots
necklace: vintage 70s wood & gold beads, thrift




Gisela

1 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures an outfit!
    It was so nice having you over and I was so honor to see your sketches and inspiration!
    We love having you as a friend!
    Please come back for more food and good conversation!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love discovering new blogs and small businesses so please feel free to leave me your links. I read and appreciate all my comments so thanks again for leaving your thoughts!

Gisela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...